
Wimbledon Shock! Carlos Alcaraz Pulls Out with Lingering Wrist Injury
The 2026 Wimbledon Championships will miss one of its brightest stars after Carlos Alcaraz announced his withdrawal from the tournament because of a lingering wrist injury , dealing a major blow to the grass court Grand Slam and tennis fans across the world.
The two-time Wimbledon champion confirmed on Tuesday that he is still not fully fit to compete as he continues recovering from the right wrist injury he suffered during the Barcelona Open last month. The Spaniard had already pulled out of the French Open earlier this week, ending hopes of defending the clay court title he had won in consecutive seasons.
In a message shared on social media, Alcaraz said his recovery has shown progress but admitted that he is not yet ready to return to competitive action.
“My recovery is going well and I’m feeling much better, but unfortunately I’m still not ready to compete,” the 23 year old wrote.
The withdrawal marks a disappointing turn in what had otherwise been another remarkable season for the young superstar. Earlier this year, Alcaraz captured the Australian Open title and became the youngest player in men’s tennis history to complete a career Grand Slam , further cementing his place among the sport’s elite.
His absence from Wimbledon will be particularly significant given his recent dominance at the All England Club . Alcaraz lifted the trophy in both 2023 and 2024, defeating Novak Djokovic in back to back finals that signaled the arrival of a new era in men’s tennis. Last year, however, he fell short in the final against Jannik Sinner , another rising force in what many believe could define the next generation of the sport.
Alcaraz also confirmed that he will miss the prestigious Queen’s Club Championships in London, traditionally regarded as one of the key warm up events before Wimbledon.
“They are two truly special tournaments for me and I will miss them a lot,” he said, while assuring fans that he remains focused on making a strong comeback as soon as possible.
With Alcaraz sidelined, the spotlight at Wimbledon is now expected to shift even more heavily toward Sinner and other top contenders, while tennis waits for one of its most exciting stars to return fully fit.
