
Delhi schools, U'khand HC receive bomb threats, Punjab hoaxes traced to Bangladesh servers
A fresh wave of bomb threat emails targeting schools and judicial institutions across multiple states triggered evacuations, heightened security checks and cyber probes on Thursday, with Punjab police revealing that several hoax emails were routed through servers traced to Bangladesh .
In the national capital, at least three schools CRPF Public School and St Thomas’ School in Dwarka, and DAV Centenary Public School in Paschim Enclave received bomb threat emails early in the day. Emergency agencies rushed to the campuses, evacuating students and staff as a precaution. Police teams, fire tenders, bomb disposal squads and dog units carried out thorough searches, but no suspicious object was found. The threats were later declared a hoax, officials said. Cyber teams have been alerted to trace the origin of the emails, which were sent using multiple layers of VPNs and proxy servers.
The panic extended to Uttarakhand, where the Uttarakhand High Court received a similar email threatening to bomb the court premises. The complex was immediately evacuated and entry barred as security agencies conducted extensive checks. No explosive was found. Police said district courts in Dehradun , Uttarkashi , Tehri and Rudraprayag had earlier received similar threatening emails, all of which turned out to be false alarms.
Providing a crucial lead, Punjab Director General of Police Gaurav Yadav said investigations into multiple hoax bomb emails across the country had revealed that servers used to send several threats were traced to Bangladesh . “Our probe into many such emails is at an advanced stage. International cooperation is underway,” Yadav said, adding that authorities cannot rule out the involvement of foreign elements attempting to create panic.
Bomb hoaxes have recently targeted schools, district courts, the Punjab Secretariat , and other public institutions in Punjab, Chandigarh and Haryana, prompting repeated evacuations and anti-sabotage checks. While stressing that all precautions are taken whenever such threats are received, Yadav said the intent was clearly to spread fear, even as law enforcement agencies remain alert.
Police across states have urged the public not to spread rumours and to rely only on official information, warning that strict legal action will be taken against those responsible for sending hoax threats.
